After a long day away, there is something comforting about heading home. Our homes take different forms – some are studio apartments in the middle of bustling cities, while others reside in the middle of a plot of land in the suburbs. But they all have one thing in common: they shelter us from life’s storms, both literal and figurative. That’s why protecting our homes – and the valuables within – should be a priority.
Home security systems in Boston offer state-of-the-art technology to ensure that all is well, whether you are home or not. Sure, alarms systems are the most obvious purpose of these home security systems. But that’s just a part of what they are designed to do. In addition to thwarting potential intruders, here are six more reasons for arming your castle with a home security system:
- Fire protection. While your home may have smoke detectors present, early warning fire alerts are available with many home security systems. Some systems also indicate where the heat or fire source is located, enabling responders to attack that source much sooner.
- Carbon Monoxide Detection. Because carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas, most homeowners install CO2 detectors at strategic locations throughout their homes. Should this potential deadly gas build to critical levels, a detection system integrated within your home security system will enable emergency responders to reach you before it’s too late.
- Lower Homeowner Insurance Premiums. There’s no doubt about it. Insurance premiums of all types are on the rise. Homeowners insurance is no different. The fact of the matter is that homeowners insurance is a mandatory requirement for home ownership, so why not take advantage of the savings offered with a home security installation? In addition, home values often increase when security systems are present.
- Remote Monitoring. Today’s technology enables homeowners to see their homes no matter where they are. By using a computer or smartphone, many home security systems make it possible to remotely turn lights on and off and to regulate the heating and cooling systems. Doing so can give the illusion that someone is always home.
- Medical Assistance. Home security systems in Boston aren’t just for protecting the actual structure of the home and the possessions inside. More importantly, they are there to protect the people who live there. While it is obvious that one of the main reasons for installing such a system is to keep would-be intruders at bay, a lesser known – but equally as valuable – reason is to have access to emergency services. Many home security systems offer wearable buttons or pendants for individuals who are elderly or sick, or who have special needs. While this service usually requires a monthly access fee, this small cost is worth every penny.
- Peace of Mind. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of knowing all is well at home, especially when you’re away from it. Being able to escape for a well-deserved vacation is always a treat. And not only does a home security system offer peace of mind while traveling, but it also provides working parents and caregivers with the ability to know that all is well at home.
The right alarm system can provide you with peace of mind and protect your most valuable assets. Take time to evaluate your security needs, then make sure you call a professional to evaluate your situation, listen to your home security needs, and then design a system that works best with your lifestyle.